VISTA SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY for 2012-2013
Vista is again offering an opportunity for scholarship awards for natural or adopted children of foster parents or caregivers. We were pleased to grant twenty scholarship awards for the 2011-2012 year. Vancouver Island Services and Treatment Association (VISTA) is a non-profit organization that was involved for over 20 years with the Ministry and group homes caring for children. Awards include but are not limited to traditional post secondary educational experiences.
Natural or adopted children of foster parents or caregivers
Between ages 14-22
Whose parent(s) have been foster parents or caregivers of children for 5 or more years
And are currently active as foster parents or caregivers in the Capital Regional/ South Island area of children in the care of the Director (including by Agreement).
Scholarships are available to assist with educational, learning &/or training pursuits.
They are for any period between July, 2012 and August, 2013 and should be considered a one-time grant.
1. Applicants must submit a brief summary about:
- their interests and plans
- how the scholarship money would be used
- the amount of money needed
2. This summary must be typed and may not exceed two pages. Be sure to include name, age, address, phone number and Social Insurance Number [for income tax reporting purposes only].
3. Applicants may also submit a one page, typed resume of previous education, training or experience related to their plan.
Parents of applicants are asked to attach a brief (one page typed) comment on their child’s plan as well as to give consent for VISTA to confirm their active status and years of caregiver service with the Ministry
5. Applications must be mailed to VISTA, 440 Goldstream Ave, Victoria, B.C. V9B 2W5 and must be received no later than June 15, 2012.